It is the night before Thanksgiving. Family and friends are trickling in. The refrigerator is stuffed with food but you don’t have anything to eat tonight. Before you order that pizza give Southwestern Stew a try. It is the best recipe for the night before Thanksgiving! It is a quick, delicious meal that everyone will enjoy. You can even make it the day before and warm it up if you want to. Just brown some ground meat and open cans from your pantry.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can Ranch Style beans
- 1 can black beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes (Rotel if you like a little spice.)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 can chick peas or hominy (drain and rinse)
- Brown and season the ground meat. Try Uncle Chris’s Gourmet Steak Seasoning. CLICK HERE
- Add canned foods.
- Warm for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with corn bread.
This recipe will feed 7-8. Double the recipe if you need to feed more. For more meal ideas CLICK HERE.