Sausage and Peppers: A warm, quick meal everyone will enjoy!
- 3-4 links of your favorite precooked sausage
- 2 onions
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 large can chick peas
- Slice onions and peppers into match stick cuts and saute in olive oil until tender.
- Cut sausage and add to onion and peppers.
- Cook until sausage is warm.
- Add chick peas and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add 1/2 cup of yellow mustard and 3 tablespoons of Worchestershire sauce.
This recipe serves 4. Substitute potatoes for chick peas, if desired.
Southwestern Stew: This is so easy and delicious! Just brown some ground meat and open cans from your pantry.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can Ranch Style beans
- 1 can black beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes (Rotel if you like a little spice.)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 can chick peas or hominy (drain and rinse)
- Brown and season the ground meat. Try Uncle Chris’s Gourmet Steak Seasoning. CLICK HERE
- Add canned foods.
- Warm for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with corn bread.
Southwestern Stew is perfect for a warm, family meal or double the recipe to serve a crowd.