- Cut 4 orange or red bell peppers and 2 large onions into strips.
- Saute onions until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the peppers to the onions.
- Add 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix to 1 1/2 cups of water and stir together.
- Add soup mix to the onions and peppers.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the liquid cook down to thicken. This will take 12-15 minutes.
These delicious peppers and onions are a perfect topping to chicken, pork tenderloin or steak. They are also great on a toasted crostini topped with smoked gouda cheese.