It is summertime so fire up that grill on Sunday afternoon. If you will cook the meat for more than one meal on Sunday, it will save you time during the week so you have more time to relax and gather around your table spending quality time with family. Try grilling 3 packages of boneless, skinless chicken thighs to use in 3 meals including everyone’s favorite… pizza. These meals ideas are heavy on the vegetables so gather around and enjoy!
- Grilled chicken thighs
- Mashed cauliflower and butternut squash (great alternative to mashed potatoes)
- Pea Salad
Mashed Cauliflower and Butternut Squash Recipe (You will fool your family with this recipe. They will think it is potatoes.)
- Steam cauliflower florets and butternut squash cubes until tender. This usually takes 15 minutes.
- Mash cauliflower and squash just like you would for potatoes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, 4 ounces cream cheese and 2 cups of grated cheese to warm vegetable mixture.
- Finish blending mixture using an immersion blender to get a creamier consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pea Salad Recipe
- Saute a chopped onion until it caramelizes in olive oil.
- Defrost a 1 lb. package of frozen peas.
- Mix onions into peas.
- Add 1 cup of cubed cheddar cheese (small cubes) to the peas.
- Add dressing to salad and mix.
Pea Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- Grilled chicken thighs cubed served over sauteed peppers and onions
- Canned green beans with chick peas (alternative to potatoes) Yes, canned green beans and chick peas. Heat the green beans (don’t drain) and chick peas (rinse and drain). Add 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce, 2 tablespoons of butter and salt to taste.
Sauteed Peppers and Onions Recipe (You can serve the peppers and onions over rice if you’d like a heartier meal.)
- Cut 4 orange or red bell peppers and 2 large onions into strips.
- Saute onions until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the peppers to the onions.
- Add 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix to 1 1/2 cups of water and stir together.
- Add soup mix to the onions and peppers.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the liquid cook down to thicken. This will take 12-15 minutes.
- Bar-b-que chicken/coleslaw pizza with almond flour crust (use regular crust if you prefer) Use both pizza sauce and bar-b-que sauce on this pizza. Add shredded chicken and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese and then top with coleslaw.
Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cheese and flour in microwave safe bowl.
- Melt mixture in microwave. (Heat for 2 minutes. Stir. Heat another 2 minutes.) The mixture needs to be sticky enough to form into a ball.
- Form into 5-6 balls then flatten the balls on a greased sheet pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until light brown.
Hope you enjoy these recipes. If you are looking for other recipe ideas like a yummy and healthy Cauliflower Spanish Rice recipe please CLICK HERE.